Thursday, July 06, 2006

Whose Life?
Dog- and housesitting for a few days. It's fun. I like the doggie, and it's a welcome change to take a dog for walk for a little exercise instead of watching Star Trek: The Next Generation while I 'ride' the exercise bike. Of course, I don't get my heart rate up there as much, but it's fun to be out in the (strangely cool) summer air.

The last time I dogsat, it was like a little mini-vacation in a way for me. Or like going home to visit the folks when yer still in college. There's plenty of soda there, and they have cable. Unfortunately, I don't watch quite as much TV these days, or love drinking soda so much--but still, the last time I did it, it was fun. I sort of pretended I had a different life. Car, dog, house.

This time, I don't feel that so much. I sort of miss my apartment already, which is still relatively clean from having had to clean it for my visiting friend last week. I miss that routine. And, I sort of want to just do the stuff that I normally do, rather than do all the vacation-ish stuff (like drinking soda and watching tv) that I did the last time.

It's all pointing to enjoying my life a bit more; enjoying it as my life, if that makes any sense. I'm getting to a place that both my ups and my downs feel like they are more mine--I feel more here for them both--and that's a good feeling.

Filed under:Therapy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home